- XHTML , CSS
- Flash , Action Script
- Asp.net 2.0
- Sql Server 2008
- Ajax Calendar
- Web Design
- Web Development
- Mobile Applications
- Identity & Logo Creation
A Free Event is a website that allows users to search free events and add any free event in a selected location. Users and/or Event Organizers also have the option to 'highlight' their events for a selected time period by paying for it via secure credit card through the online payment gateway.
The client wanted to integrate the following features into the site:
- A user-friendly web application that allows its users to publish, highlight and search events from all over the world.
- Registered users should be able to view and manage the events they have added or highlighted.
- Registered users should be provided with an option to edit their profile and change password.
- Users need the ability to set reminders about an upcoming events.
- A payment gateway needs to be integrated for the on line payment of highlighted events.
- AHighlighted (paid listings) events need to be displayed on the landing page, a specific number of days prior to the occurrence of the event.
- There needs to be an option for the website administrator to manage banner ads.
- A website management section that allows the System Administrator access to registered users details and events posted. The System Administrator must have the ability to edit, delete and review events added by a user.
- The site requires Content Management so the System Administrator can edit the text and images in the web pages.
- The System Administrator needs the option to view payment history of highlighted events.
AFreeEvent website was developed after a complete system study and analysis. The design concept was minimalist, focusing on the event listing and the navigation was easy throughout the website.
- A user-friendly interface to add repeating and non-repeating events. Repeating events can be added by any recurring frequency.
- A Registered user Event Section where the signed in user can add, edit, highlight and delete their events.
- Each user has a Profile section that allows easy access to the events; event reminders and the users profile information.
- An Event Reminder section to manage the reminders added to various events through the system by registered users. Any number of email addresses can be attached with an event reminder. A reminder email will be sent to all of the emails listed at pre-defined intervals leading up to the event.
- We created an Advanced Event Search option that allows a user to search events with specific search criteria like the event title, start and end dates, categories and location.
- PayPal was integrated as the gateway for the payment transactions in the website to ensure secure and reliable transactions.
- A feature rich administration section was developed to enable the administrator to manage different activities in the website.
- With the Administrator User Management Section the website administrator can view or search the registered users, and the events added / highlighted by them. Payment history of a user or an event can also be viewed in this section.
- The Content Management Section was developed for the System Administrator to manage the content for different pages easily. The WYSIWYG editor in the CMS section makes it a joy to add or modify text and images.
- The Advertisement Section allows the System Administrator to add banner ads to any web page throughout the website.
The development of this project was concluded successfully. The result met the client's level of service and satisfaction. The client was concerned about the Events Management Section and the ability to do a Basic and Advanced Search. After the completion, the client is thrilled with the results.
The complete project from the Requirements Analysis through to Beta Testing and making the site live was done offshore at our development centers in India.